Check_MK Werk 8568: Make sending data to Carbon/Graphite more robust.

Sven Panne sp at mathias-kettner.de
Tue Jan 31 13:37:27 CET 2017

ID:          8568
Title:       Make sending data to Carbon/Graphite more robust.
Component:   The Check_MK Micro Core
Level:       1
Class:       Bug Fix
Version:     1.2.9i1

When the connection to Carbon/Graphite is slow and/or the kernel on the
monitoring server is very busy, it could happen that we sent a partial line
only, so the net result could look like the core is stuttering.  With this
fix, we introduce a small timeout for each write before giving up, and we
make sure to close the connection in that case.  It will be re-opened later
automatically.