[omd-devel] Is there plan to move on to mod_wsgi, anyone?

Mathias Kettner mk at mathias-kettner.de
Wed Apr 10 16:10:53 CEST 2013

Hi Rahul,

we've already had a look at WSGI and also discussed a possible port of
Multisite to that. The main problem - however - is that WSGI is
multithreaded and not multi-processed and Multisite make extensive use
of global persistant variables as caches and also make use of the
builtin name space. What we need is a thread-local builtin name space
and couldn't find any. So we stopped the project for the while.

Mathias

Am 10.04.2013 15:59, schrieb Rahul Gautam:
> Hi,
>
> We are planning to shift cmk to wsgi in coming months, given that the
> kind authors of CMK/OMD framework have not yet decided the roadmap for WSGI.
> We'll be using flask/werkzueg as wsgi middle ware (TBD).
> All given that CMK has no roadmap for WSGI.
> If there is a plan of the CMK team or some strategy, even we would like
> to know, so that in future too we can merge our project with CMK. Any
> pointers would be helpful.
> Hi,
>
> Not sure if this is asked earlier... Has anyone tried to migrate
> omd/check_mk on mod_wsgi? Any documents on the same? or is there a plan
> to migrate?
>
> Thanks.
>
> ShiBang.
> while ( ! ( succeed = try() ) );
>

> --
> *Rahul Gautam*
> */UNMP Team/*
> /*Codescape Consultants*/
> /+91 988 716 1943 (m)//
> /
> /+91 141 400 2993 (o) /
> /www.codescape.in <http://www.codescape.in/>/
>
> ラーフルタム
>
> --
> The information contained in this e-mail is private & confidential and
> may also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
> please notify us, preferably by e-mail, and do not read, copy or
> disclose the contents of this message to anyone.

Mathias Kettner

---
Mathias Kettner GmbH
Kellerstraße 29, 81667 München, Germany
Registergericht: Amtsgericht München,  HRB 165902
Geschäftsführer: Mathias Kettner
http://mathias-kettner.de
Tel. +49 89 1890 435-0
Fax. +49 89 1890 435-29