[omd-devel] OMD and xvfb

David Ward windyward at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 09:27:40 CEST 2013

I just received an apparent bounce stating that the contents of my last mail
were ignored. I am trying again but please let me know if I am doing
anything wrong as I would like to start progressing my new installation but
really need an answer to this question.

I am looking to upgrade to OMD 1.00 but the new package has a dependency on
xvfb and I don't want to install this and related X packages on my live
servers.

My understanding is that xvfb is required for creating pdf files under thruk
and as I won't be using thruk or the pdf functionality would there be any of
making this dependency a recommendation ? We will then be able to install
the package without xvfb and the related packages.

If I have misunderstood the current situation please let me know.

Regards

David Ward