[omd-devel] OMD 1.10_0 icinga icinga.cfg missing error

John Cooper John.Cooper at smartfocus.com
Thu May 22 18:08:17 CEST 2014

Hi joerg,
 I'm running automatic install using Amazon Opsworks chef script.

bash 'install_omd' do
  user 'root'
  cwd '/'
  code <<-EOH
    omd create monitoring
    omd start
  EOH
  not_if 'test -d /opt/omd/sites/monitoring'
end

which does create and start the site 'monitoring' . The file ~/tmp/icinga/icinga.cfg is missing and ~/etc/icinga/icinga.cfg has no config :-

# Icinga main configuration file

# This file will be read in after the files in icinga.d.
# Variables you set here will override settings in those
# files. Better do not edit the files in icinga.d but rather
# copy variables from there to here. That will save you
# trouble when updating your sites to new versions.

This is consistent on all 5 OMD I've built.

Thanks, John.