[omd-devel] OMD 1.20 breaks being able to place a host into downtime from a script

Scott Shannon Scott.Shannon at quantum.com
Thu Feb 26 20:18:04 CET 2015

My production OMD site is running OMD 1.20.  I played around with the syntax presented on various web sites to place a host into downtime, all without any success.

Finally I decided to try it on a crash and burn OMD site running 1.10.  It worked first time, and there was great rejoicing!  Comparison of configurations between the 1.10 site and the 1.20 site did not yield anything that really struck me as being a problem.

I then updated the 1.10 site to 1.20.  Instant failure - the command that I had used before no longer worked, yielding the same (lack of) results as the production OMD site.

Why is this?  What changed between 1.10 and 1.20 that would change the behavior?

Thank you!

Scott Shannon

The information contained in this transmission may be confidential. Any disclosure, copying, or further distribution of confidential information is not permitted unless such privilege is explicitly granted in writing by Quantum. Quantum reserves the right to have electronic communications, including email and attachments, sent across its networks filtered through anti virus and spam software programs and retain such messages in order to comply with applicable data security and retention requirements. Quantum is not responsible for the proper and complete transmission of the substance of this communication or for any delay in its receipt.