[omd-devel] Create site in sylinked path fails - suggested fix

Oliver O'Boyle ooboyle at atlific.com
Thu Jun 25 16:54:47 CEST 2015

Hi Mathias,

Thanks for the reply. I understand the concern. Is there an alternative way to create sites on different disk volumes? It would help improve a number of areas, including performance of individual sites and some management tasks.

I've been keeping a very close eye on the installation that I did. It's not a production site but I do have live data coming into it from a variety of host types. I'm not seeing any issues at all. The status info is getting updated as expected, all graphs are showing correct data, I'm not seeing any errors in logs or elsewhere. It really looks and feels very stable.

Also, I installed check_mk RAW 1.2.6p5 on top of OMD yesterday, restored all data from the 1.2.4p5 OMD site into it, and it continue to work flawlessly.

I'd be happy to run any tests you want or provide you any information you need. I'd even be happy to run any additional beta or alpha code if that would help you feel more comfortable.

Oliver