[omd-users] massive problems

Felix Bemm felix.bemm at uni-wuerzburg.de
Tue Apr 5 16:57:48 CEST 2011

hi guys,

I am completely new to server/host monitoring. I started yesterday with
a installation of nagios and pnp4nagios. it worked so far with several
services that are monitored on a test host. after some time the web came
up with omd and I thought to give it a try. I downloaded the current rpm
for sles 11 sp1 and did the complete installation/setup. I created a
site and was able to browse the nagios/pnp4nagios/check_mk and so on.
Now my question :) for starters I want to monitor localhost with as much
plugins as possible for testing reasons. problem the fronted is only
showing the dummy service. Is there any automated way to install the
default services like current_load etc.? the command check_mk -I tcp is
not working. I am a little bit lost here. thx for the help.

best regards
felix

--
Felix Bemm