[omd-users] massive problems

Timo Scheller t.scheller at its.uni-saarland.de
Tue Apr 5 17:27:22 CEST 2011

Hi Felix,

Am 05.04.2011 16:57, schrieb Felix Bemm:
> hi guys,
>
> I am completely new to server/host monitoring. I started yesterday with
> a installation of nagios and pnp4nagios. it worked so far with several
> services that are monitored on a test host. after some time the web came
> up with omd and I thought to give it a try. I downloaded the current rpm
> for sles 11 sp1 and did the complete installation/setup. I created a
> site and was able to browse the nagios/pnp4nagios/check_mk and so on.
> Now my question :) for starters I want to monitor localhost with as much
> plugins as possible for testing reasons. problem the fronted is only
> showing the dummy service. Is there any automated way to install the
> default services like current_load etc.? the command check_mk -I tcp is
> not working. I am a little bit lost here. thx for the help.
just install in the server also the check_mk agent. ;-)
After configuring the agent and a check_mk -II alltcp localhost and
maybe a check_mk -R -vvv you will see all your stuff on the server.
If you like to use the nagios-plugins for local-checks too, have a look
at the mrpe-feature of the client.
You will find more info about that on the check_mk homepage.

HTH,

--
Viele Grüße

Timo