[omd-users] massive problems

Sebastian Talmon st at talmon.net
Tue Apr 5 17:56:07 CEST 2011

Hello Felix,

in the local site config (/omd/sites/XXXX/etc/check_mk/main.mk)
add "localhost|local" to the lists in all_hosts

all_hosts = [
        'localhost|local',
]

and add some parameters to datasource_programs

datasource_programs = [
 ( "~/share/check_mk/agents/check_mk_agent.linux", ['local'], ALL_HOSTS ),
]

on localhost, no listening agent (port 6556 via xinetd) is needed -
you could just call the agent locally / agent is allready included in
omd, no installation needed
(with the above, you add the host "localhost" with the tag "local",
and set the command line for all hosts with tag "local" in
datasource_programs

after that, "check_mk -I tcp" should fetch the possible services from
the agent.

("check_mk -I tcp" only contacts hosts that are defined in main.mk or
other check_mk config files)

Greetings
Sebastian