[omd-users] massive problems

Felix Bemm felix.bemm at uni-wuerzburg.de
Tue Apr 5 18:11:56 CEST 2011

Am 05.04.2011 17:27, schrieb Timo Scheller:
> Hi Felix,
>
> Am 05.04.2011 16:57, schrieb Felix Bemm:
>> hi guys,
>>
>> I am completely new to server/host monitoring. I started yesterday with
>> a installation of nagios and pnp4nagios. it worked so far with several
>> services that are monitored on a test host. after some time the web came
>> up with omd and I thought to give it a try. I downloaded the current rpm
>> for sles 11 sp1 and did the complete installation/setup. I created a
>> site and was able to browse the nagios/pnp4nagios/check_mk and so on.
>> Now my question :) for starters I want to monitor localhost with as much
>> plugins as possible for testing reasons. problem the fronted is only
>> showing the dummy service. Is there any automated way to install the
>> default services like current_load etc.? the command check_mk -I tcp is
>> not working. I am a little bit lost here. thx for the help.
> just install in the server also the check_mk agent. ;-)
> After configuring the agent and a check_mk -II alltcp localhost and
> maybe a check_mk -R -vvv you will see all your stuff on the server.
> If you like to use the nagios-plugins for local-checks too, have a look
> at the mrpe-feature of the client.
> You will find more info about that on the check_mk homepage.
>
> HTH,

As far as I understand the agents are already installed in
~/share/check_mk/agents and can be loaded via main.mk with

all_hosts = [ 'localhost|local' ]

datasource_programs = [
  ( "~/share/check_mk/agents/check_mk_agent.linux", ['local'], ALL_HOSTS ),
]

My biggest problem is the absence of check_mk as binary. There is no way
to use this command. Not as root and neither as omd user. any suggestions?

FB

--
Felix Bemm
Department of Bioinformatics