[omd-users] little more complicated checks

Leonardo Rezende leonardo at lrezende.eti.br
Fri Aug 26 18:33:52 CEST 2011

Hi all...

   I need to do more complicated checks in my rman backups of oracle
servers... I know rman-backup-problems mode but a need a more depth
check(time spent, size) and this is a little complicated using --mode=sql of
check_oracle_health(coh).

   The question is: what is the best way to make these complicated checks?

   I think the logical answer is to create a "check_oracle_health like" perl
script and put my "business" logic in it... But I'm more comfortable with
PL/SQL... so my idea is to create a package that will make all tests that
return my nagios status and perfdata.

TIA

LRezende