[omd-users] verifying OMD nagios config prior to deploying

Brian Hunter BHunter at carbonite.com
Wed Dec 7 22:12:35 CET 2011

Hi,

My nagios config is auto-generated using scripts.   These scripts currently run in the context of the OMD site's user account.
To deploy my configuration, I've been simply copying my config into ~/etc/nagios/ and issuing a 'omd restart'.

What I'm unclear about is how to nagios verify (nagios -v) my configuration.
I want to be sure that I don't put a broken nagios config on top of a configuration that was previously working.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to accomplish this nagios  verification?
Doing so within the context of the OMD user account would be preferable.

Thank you!
-Brian