[omd-users] Nagvis authentication problem

James Barnes jbarnes at silverspringnet.com
Sat Feb 5 21:43:08 CET 2011

Hi,
I'm having trouble with Nagvis on OMD 0.44. I broke it. I couldn't find a way to authenticate (my Nagios uses ldap so my username isn't nagiosadmin) so I enabled the audit_log in /omd/sites/<site>/etc/nagvis/nagvis.ini.php by removing the semi-colon and restarted OMD. After that, Nagvis quit working.

The error message when using it is:
SQLSTATE[HY000] [14] unable to open database file
ERROR  Unable to open auth database (/opt/omd/versions/0.44/share/nagvis/etc/auth.db)

I looked for /opt/omd/versions/0.44/share/nagvis/etc/auth.db and, true, it doesn't exist. Neither does the etc directory exist.

I see auth.db in /omd/sites/control/etc/nagvis.

I googled the error and see this but I can't read German:
http://www.nagios-portal.org/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=20823

Has anyone seen this issue and have a fix?
Thank you, James