[omd-users] Nagvis authentication problem

James Barnes jbarnes at silverspringnet.com
Sun Feb 6 19:20:48 CET 2011

Found a way to authenticate the first time. This may be helpful for others using LDAP authentication with Nagios:

 *   Replaced auth.db with the skeleton one (this gets rid of users that were created with 'Guests' role).
 *   Edited /etc/php.ini and set the timezone (gets rid of a php timezone error; documented in Nagvis FAQ)
 *   Set the following in nagvis.ini.php:
 *   logonmodule="LogonDialog"
 *   logonenvvar="REMOTE_USER"
 *   logonenvcreateuser="1"
 *   logonenvcreaterole="Administrators"
 *   Touched two files:
 *   touch nagvis.ini.php (gets rid of auth.db error - weird stuff here)
 *   touch nagvis-omd.ini.php (also gets rid of auth.db error)
 *   omd restart

Then, logon to Nagvis WUI and manage the accounts as desired.

To set the configuration for future usage:

 *   logonmodule="LogonEnv"
 *   logonenvcreaterole="Guests"
 *   touch nagvis.ini.php
 *   touch nagvis-omd.ini.php