[omd-users] Small Bug in OMD 0.46 ?

Timo Scheller t.scheller at its.uni-saarland.de
Mon Feb 14 15:13:30 CET 2011

Hi Mathias,

Am 14.02.2011 08:46, schrieb Mathias Kettner:
> Dear list members and OMD users,
>
> the OMD team is glad to be able to finally announce the arrival
> of OMD version 0.46.
>
> At this point I wish to thank to everybody who helped in making
> this possible - by taking part in any possible way.
thx a lot for the new version.
Found actually on my testing (omd cp site and upgrade) a small Bug
So same basis, but different versions. Took a host, which i know the
agent is actually not running. So output about not getting information
is ok.

Version 0.44:
  check_mk -I alltcp my-dns.hostname.de
Host 'my-dns.hostname.de': Cannot get data from TCP port 1.1.1.1:6556:
timed out

But in version 0.46 it seems check_mk tries to make a nslookup also of
the "checks" as a host. So last message is the same also on a host,
where the agent is running. ;-)

Version 0.46:
check_mk -I [all]tcp my-dns.hostname.de
Cannot resolve [all]tcp into IP address.
Host 'my-dns.hostname.de': Cannot get data from TCP port 1.1.1.1:6556:
timed out
Cannot get information from host '[all]tcp': Cannot contact agent: host
'alltcp' has no IP address.

SLES11 SP1 x86_64 as (Hosting)-OS. ;-)

--
Viele Grüße