[omd-users] Small Bug in OMD 0.46 ?

Mathias Kettner mk at mathias-kettner.de
Mon Feb 21 16:38:31 CET 2011

Hi Timo,

the syntax for check_mk -I has changed. Please refer to the Migration
notes of Check_MK:

http://mathias-kettner.de/checkmk_migration_notes.html

Mathias

Am 14.02.2011 15:13, schrieb Timo Scheller:
> Hi Mathias,
>
> Am 14.02.2011 08:46, schrieb Mathias Kettner:
>> Dear list members and OMD users,
>>
>> the OMD team is glad to be able to finally announce the arrival
>> of OMD version 0.46.
>>
>> At this point I wish to thank to everybody who helped in making
>> this possible - by taking part in any possible way.
> thx a lot for the new version.
> Found actually on my testing (omd cp site and upgrade) a small Bug
> So same basis, but different versions. Took a host, which i know the
> agent is actually not running. So output about not getting information
> is ok.
>
> Version 0.44:
> check_mk -I alltcp my-dns.hostname.de
> Host 'my-dns.hostname.de': Cannot get data from TCP port 1.1.1.1:6556:
> timed out
>
> But in version 0.46 it seems check_mk tries to make a nslookup also of
> the "checks" as a host. So last message is the same also on a host,
> where the agent is running. ;-)
>
> Version 0.46:
> check_mk -I [all]tcp my-dns.hostname.de
> Cannot resolve [all]tcp into IP address.
> Host 'my-dns.hostname.de': Cannot get data from TCP port 1.1.1.1:6556:
> timed out
> Cannot get information from host '[all]tcp': Cannot contact agent: host
> 'alltcp' has no IP address.
>
> SLES11 SP1 x86_64 as (Hosting)-OS. ;-)

Mathias Kettner       |  \/  | |/ /   M A T H I A S   K E T T N E R
Preysingstr. 74       | |\/| | ' /
81667 München         | |  | | . \        Linux Beratung & Schulung
089 / 18 90 42 10     |_|  |_|_|\_\       http://mathias-kettner.de