[omd-users] Site password

Michael Nieberg m.nieberg at gmx.de
Fri Jan 14 20:45:48 CET 2011

Hi Perry,

su - mysite

cd etc

ls -l htpasswd

OMD[mysite]:~/etc$ ls -l htpasswd                       # if this is a link,
you should use DokuWiki ( http://localhost/mysite/wiki/

# for administration

lrwxrwxrwx 1 mysite mysite 23 2011-01-07 08:20 htpasswd ->
dokuwiki/users.auth.php

cat htpasswd                                                    # which
users do you have?

1.If you see something like this, then you have User-Authentication

with dokuwiki enabled. (see omd config)

# <?php exit()?>

omdadmin:M29dfyFjgy5iA:OMD Admin:admin at example.org:admin,user

heinz:$1$7542e750$00cmnfXueyjCRonJCDIcf/:Fullname of Heinz:heinz at local:user

You should administer the users with dokuwiki in this case.

(with htpasswd you will loose your groups)

2. If you only see this

cat htpasswd

omdadmin:M29dfyFjgy5iA

heinz:$1$7542e750$00cmnfXueyjCRonJCDIcf/

Then it's a normal Apache auth-file.

htpasswd htpasswd omdadmin          # set password for user *omdadmin*

New password:

Re-type new password:

If you enter a new user, it will be created.

htpasswd should be in your path, try htpasswd -h

If htpasswd is not available try htpasswd2.

## the Apache - auth-config is in

OMD[mysite]:~/etc/apache/conf.d$ cat auth.conf

# General auth configuration for this site

#

<Location "/mysite">

  Order allow,deny

  Allow from all

  AuthName "OMD Monitoring Site mysite"

  AuthType Basic

  AuthUserFile /omd/sites/mysite/etc/htpasswd

  require valid-user

</Location>

Hope it helps.

M.Nieberg