[omd-users] writing a time series check

James Todd james.todd at jivesoftware.com
Tue Jun 7 09:51:10 CEST 2011

Hey Mathias -

  Based on a bit of searching, I believe what I am looking for is to execute an rrdtool.fetch(...) operation from within a check, passing along the correct rrd path.

  In searching through the default checks (as deployed via omd) i don't see any uses of rrd* from within the check scripts.

  Am I on the right path here? wrong path? regardless, I could use a pointer on how best retrieve historic data from within a check in order to perform a time-series
  calculation.

  thx in advance,

- james