[omd-users] critical SNMP error from one check_mk install yet it is fine from another ...

James Todd james.todd at jivesoftware.com
Wed Jun 15 03:22:43 CEST 2011

hi -

  we have a single machine being monitored by 2 distinct check_mk servers, one for staging and one for production.

  one of the check_mk servers has consistently alerted the following:

    CRIT   Check_MK   CRIT - SNMP Error on 10.140.150.12, execution time 0.4 sec

  yet the other one consistently passes this check. I do not believe it is a timeout issue per se given the execution time is quite fast.

  thoughts on how best to go about resolving this? i have to believe it is either a check_mk server config discrepancy or something is being blocked on the network between the failing processes.

  thx,

- james