[omd-users] mod_gearman Setup and Problems

Timo Scheller t.scheller at its.uni-saarland.de
Wed May 25 11:26:37 CEST 2011

Hi Sven,

Am 25.05.2011 11:02, schrieb Sven Nierlein:
> Hi Timo,
>
> please don't cross post on several lists. Mod-Gearman is not related to Check_mk.
ok, sorry. Didn't know exactly where to send.
Now, it`s clear. ;-)

> On 5/25/11 10:43, Timo Scheller wrote:
>> worker error: gearman_connection_flush:getaddrinfo:Name or service not known
>
> So you found the error already. Make sure your worker can resolve the name of your job
> server in your dns config. Maybe you have a typo in the address?
Nope, can`t found a typo, but here`s my config:

OMD-Site1: (Job-Server)
port.conf for gearmand-server (Job-Server)
# sets the addess of your gearman job server. Please
# change only by using the "omd config" command.
server=:4730

OMD-Site2: (Worker)
port.conf for mod_gearman worker
# sets the addess of your gearman job server. Please
# change only by using the "omd config" command.
server=fqdn-hostname-gearmand-server:4730

So that fqdn is correct here.

By the way, gearman_top does only work on gearmand-server, if you use
either localhost or config above with server=:4730

And normal DNS is also working correctly...

--
Viele Grüße

Timo