[omd-users] mod_gearman Setup and Problems

Timo Scheller t.scheller at its.uni-saarland.de
Wed May 25 12:27:55 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am 25.05.2011 12:05, schrieb Sven Nierlein:
> On 25.05.2011 11:26, Timo Scheller wrote:
>> OMD-Site2: (Worker)
>> port.conf for mod_gearman worker
>> # sets the addess of your gearman job server. Please
>> # change only by using the "omd config" command.
>> server=fqdn-hostname-gearmand-server:4730
>>
>> So that fqdn is correct here.
>>
>> By the way, gearman_top does only work on gearmand-server, if you use
>> either localhost or config above with server=:4730
>>
>> And normal DNS is also working correctly...
>>
> Your config looks good so far.
> gearman_top works with every host, but the default is localhost. If you
> use anything special, you have to use command line arguments to specify
> that host.
>
> Does a
> nslookup fqdn-hostname-gearmand-server
> work on your OMD-Site2?
Update:
Tried everything without fqdn, but IP-Addresses.
Now the error-messages in neb.log are gone , everything seems working.
But gearman_top doesnt work anymore here...
Always said: failed to connect to localhost:4730 - Connection refused
On gearmand and gearman_worker
So I can`t check if it is really going...
Maybe I can try the staff with the check-plugins....

--
Viele Grüße

Timo