[omd-users] mod_gearman Setup and Problems

Timo Scheller t.scheller at its.uni-saarland.de
Wed May 25 13:38:25 CEST 2011

Hi Sven,

Am 25.05.2011 12:44, schrieb Sven Nierlein:
> On 5/25/11 12:18, Timo Scheller wrote:
>> failed to connect to localhost:4730 - Connection refused
>>
>> and I haven`t found a cmd option or argument....
>
> Have you tried "gearman_top -h" :-)
ok,ok, not to see the woods for the trees. My apology.

> If it works with ip addresses, then something is wrong with either your hostname or your dns.
Nope, seems like it`s a problem with the config.

If I have this one configured, as mentioned in the context,
":port" if it should running on all interfaces:

OMD-Site1: (Job-Server)
port.conf for gearmand-server (Job-Server)
# sets the addess of your gearman job server. Please
# change only by using the "omd config" command.
server=:4730

I got the errors, as written in the mails before.

If I did this one instead:
OMD-Site1: (Job-Server)
port.conf for gearmand-server (Job-Server)
# sets the addess of your gearman job server. Please
# change only by using the "omd config" command.
server=fqdn-gearmand-server:4730

(and use gearman_top -H fqdn-gearmand-server ;-) )
It works. In the way, that jobs are really gone to the worker.
So thanks a lot for your help. I am now a lot further.

But, here comes my next problem...

This is what I now got in the OMD Site1 (Job-Server):
nagios.log:
[1306322665] SERVICE ALERT: fqdn-host1;Check_MK;CRITICAL;HARD;1;python:
can't open file
'/omd/sites/site1_048/var/check_mk/precompiled/fqdn-host1': [Errno 2] No
such file or directory

It`s for all hosts with Check_MK...

And on OMD Site2 (Worker), I can see this
nagios.log:
[1306323070] Warning: Check result queue contained results for service
'Check_MK' on host 'fqdn-host1', but the service could not be found!
Perhaps you forgot to define the service in your config files?

Any ideas?

--
Viele Grüße

Timo