[omd-users] mod_gearman Setup and Problems

Timo Scheller t.scheller at its.uni-saarland.de
Wed May 25 16:50:15 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am 25.05.2011 14:48, schrieb Thomas Wollner:
> Hi,
>
> as a temporary workaround you can try this:
>
> go to /opt/omd/versions/default/share/check_mk/modules
> edit check_mk_base.py
>
> change the submit_check_result to not write to nagios command file but
> to send the results via send_gearman to your job-server. the encryption
> keys have to be the same on all machines:
>
> like this:
> < # open_command_pipe()
> < # if nagios_command_pipe:
> < # nagios_command_pipe.write("[%d]
> PROCESS_SERVICE_CHECK_RESULT;%s;%s;%d;%s\n" %
> < # (int(time.time()), host, servicedesc, result[0], result[1] +
> perftext) )
> < # # Important: Nagios needs the complete command in one single write()
> block!
> < # # Python buffers and sends chunks of 4096 bytes, if we do not flush.
> < # nagios_command_pipe.flush()
> < os.system("/omd/sites/YOURSITE/bin/send_gearman
> --config=/omd/sites/YOURSITE/etc/mod-gearman/worker.cfg --host='%s'
> --service='%s' --result_queue=check_results --message='%s'
> --returncode=%d" % ( host, servicedesc, result[1] + perftext, result[0]))
> <
>

> after that take care on:
> - have main.mk in sync
> - inventory on all systems (even worker only) should be the same
> - cmk -O to re-precompile host-checks
>
> I hope that one day Mathias will include the gearman compatibility for
> omd ....
> I use this method since one week and it seems to work quite well.
> Of course you have to take care on check_mk_base.py each time you
> update, etc

I tried as you describe above. It`s working only partially here....
About half of the 50 Clients got monitored, for the rest, especially for
host-check with ping, it said: Critical, 127, Out of Bound...
Something like this...
Strange. Could not explain why. The plugins are there, the cmk
transfered like you described, cmk is running fine, the agent is
running, jobs are scheduled...
So I will skip this if maybe there will the someday hopefully a gearman
compatibility for omd....

--
Viele Grüße

Timo