[omd-users] Update seems to have broken perfdata in pnp4nagios

Stephen Berg (Contractor) stephen.berg.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil
Fri Jul 6 17:10:22 CEST 2012

I recently updated my OMD servers to 1.2.0p1 using
omd-0.55.20120623.x86_64.  One of the servers is no longer generating
performance graphs in pnp4nagios.  But just that one, the others all
seem to be doing perfdata with no issues.  They are all configured
fairly identically, each one monitors it's subnet and then a master
server pulls all the status info and what-not via multisite.  Anyone
have a tip on where I should start looking?

The perfdata directory has the correct ownership and permissions.  I
renamed it to move the old perfdata out of the way and recreated that
directory but after an omd restart no new files have been written in there.

I see new perfdata coming into perfdata.dump, also see new stuff coming
into the spool directory.  In the pnp4nagios log directory nothing is
getting written to perfdata.log.  The npcd.log file just has "NPCD:
Error while getting file status" over and over again with no indication
of which file it's complaining about.

P.S. This is a resend, an hour and a half after first sending it's still
not showing up in the list archives.

--
Stephen Berg
Systems Administrator