[omd-users] OMD - Logrotate causes check failures

sven.kieske at compact.de sven.kieske at compact.de
Tue Jun 26 12:57:38 CEST 2012

Hi Darren,

as we are running our production monitoring system on the same platform
as you, I would like to share some information with you:

We are currently running the nightlybuild Version 0.55.20120621 without
any errors.

you can easy test it for yourself with the following line, after you
installed the nightlybuild-rpm:
omd stop yoursite && omd cp yoursite testsite && omd start yoursite &&
omd update testsite && omd start testsite

then check in the testsite if all your checks are ok, if not, report
bugs ;) if yes, do:

omd stop yoursite && omd update yoursite && omd start yoursite

Depending on the speed of your machine, this just takes some seconds to
test.
If you have regulations from your boss etc. this might not be an option
for you, sadly :-/

For me, the upgrade was really smooth, beside some strange
windows-log-errors, which I'm troubleshooting atm. (But I'm not sure if
the upgrade is to blame for them)
--
Kind Regards
Mit freundlichen Grüßen