[omd-users] Newbie Question

Joerg Linge pitchfork at pnp4nagios.org
Fri Jun 29 10:47:48 CEST 2012

Am 28.06.2012 um 23:52 schrieb Scott:

> I just set up a new install of omd .54 on debian squeeze.  I did omd create <site>.
>
> when I go to my site in the gui, i do not see localhost there is nothing being monitored.  Is this normal
>
> Also, I do not know where to go from here.  I do not know the location of the files (/opt/omd/sites/mysite/)  ???
>
> or where I can update the hosts etc.  Is there a walkthrough for debian with omd beyond getting it installed?
>
> Thanks in Advance for your help.

create a site

# omd create mysite

a new user mysite was created. Now switch ti this user account

# su - mysite

the home diretory is /omd/sites/mysite
you will find everything you need in /omd/sites/mysite

if you want to use the nagios monitoring core your config files are located in ~/etc/nagios/conf.d
for icinga its ~/etc/icinga/conf.d

# omd help

will give you more infos about omd

Everything else depends on the component you want to use.

Joerg