[omd-users] [Check_mk (english)] OMD=redirect http into https...anyone assist?

Sven Nierlein sven at nierlein.de
Tue Mar 13 16:12:51 CET 2012

On 3/13/12 15:50, Jason Humes wrote:
> It works great if you specify the full path in the url ' https://servername/sitename' but for me, trying to redirect plain http servername into https://servername/sitename is where I'm having the problems...I'll keep you in the loop as I work on this issue today.

it works best to use ssl with both, the master apache and the site apache.
Change the proxy forward to ssl and add a rewrite rule to the sites apache
to forward all http traffic to ssl.
Otherwise some redirects are broken, for example when packages use absolute paths
for redirects instead of relative paths. And this way assures also, that everybody
uses ssl.
The downside is, this variant is little bit complicated and you have to adjust skel
files. Otherwise this will be overwritten with the next update/omd config run so i
do this only with customized rpms.

Add at least this rewrite to make sure everyone is using ssl:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off
RewriteRule (.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI}