[omd-users] (no subject)

Gaber, Michael m.gaber at telekom.de
Wed Oct 31 13:10:17 CET 2012

Hello,

I wanted to use a second OMD site to do some basic Check distribution via Gearman but ran into errors there.

My setup is:

OMD 0.56 installed on SLES 11
/omd symlink changed to point to an NFS mount which is shared between two machines.
Each Machine has users for each site with the same UID and GID setup.
I have one site (site1) which is running on machine1 and doing the monitoring while machine2 acts as cold standby / manual failover.
I created another site (site2) for the additional gearman workers.
Both site-configs point to machine1 as gearmand system

So far everything works, and if I start gearman_worker on machine2 the checks get distributed there as well.
The problem is, that the moment a check wants to run on machine2 it exits with errors that it either can't write to some path which belongs to site1 (why would it even want to write there?). The error Message is:
	UNKNOWN - Cannot write cache file /omd/sites/site1/tmp/check_mk/cache/somehost: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 	'/omd/sites/site1/tmp/check_mk/cache/somehost', execution time 0.4 sec

I Hope that somebody can help me with this problem.

Regards Michael

Deutsche Telekom AG
Products & Innovation
Michael Gaber
T-Online-Allee 1
64295 Darmstadt
+49 6151 680-3624 (Tel.)
E-Mail: m.gaber at telekom.de
www.telekom.com
Erleben, was verbindet.
Deutsche Telekom AG
Aufsichtsrat: Prof. Dr. Ulrich Lehner (Vorsitzender)
Vorstand: René Obermann (Vorsitzender),
Dr. Manfred Balz, Reinhard Clemens, Niek Jan van Damme,
Timotheus Höttges, Claudia Nemat, Prof. Dr. Marion Schick
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn HRB 6794
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn
WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE50478376
Große Veränderungen fangen klein an – Ressourcen schonen und nicht jede E-Mail drucken.