[omd-users] OMD 0.56, check_mk 1.2.1i5, ldap integration

Architecture Mercenary itarchmerc at archmerc.com
Wed Jan 23 19:06:28 CET 2013

I have a working OMD 0.56 installation on RHEL 5.9 and I need to integrate
it with Active Directory.  I downloaded and installed check_mk 1.2.1i5 into
my OMD site and am now trying to connect to LDAP.  I was able to enter all
my AD settings, but when I go to the Users page, I get:

"Error executing sync hook
The python module python-ldap seem to be missing. You need to install this
extension to make the LDAP user connector work."

I see there was a bug fixed for this in the GIT repo and I verified that my
local/share/check_mk/web/plugins/userdb/ldap.py file has those changes
already.  I have no errors in any of the logs, I just see this in the
check_mk Users screen.  I also verified that the ldap module is available
to the omd user.  python_ldap is installed as a package.

What can I do to get around this error.  Thanks.

BTW...in order to get check_mk 1.2.1i5 to work in OMD 0.56, I had to build
the uuid python module and move it to ~/lib/python.  In case someone else
runs into that issue.