[omd-users] Disallowed key characters in global data

Joerg Linge pitchfork at pnp4nagios.org
Wed May 22 09:50:05 CEST 2013

Am 21.05.2013 um 21:50 schrieb "Boris Oskotsky PhD." <oskotsky at stanford.edu>:

> Dear All,

Hi Boris

> I experience the same issue as here http://itarchmerc.wordpress.com/2013/03/08/omd-0-56-pnp4nagios-disallowed-key-characters-in-global-data/ :
>
> “I have OMD 0.56 running and yesterday I went to check a historical graph for a service.  I clicked the graph icon and got this error, “Disallowed key characters in global data”.

Which GUI do you use?

Nagios? Icinga? Multisite? Thruk?

> This person was able to find a fix by commenting out the following line:
> exit('Disallowed key characters in global data.');
> in /opt/omd/versions/0.56/lib/kohana/system/libraries/Input.php
> Is there better solution? It looks quite bad - I have quite modest setup so far (15 machines, mostly pings only) which was running less than 24 hours.

So you changed the Input sanitizer!

https://github.com/lingej/pnp4nagios/blob/master/lib/kohana/system/libraries/Input.php#L393

This is IMHO a bad idea!

Please check <site>/var/log/apache/access.log while clicking the pnp4nagios link and show me the URL causing this issue.

Joerg