[omd-users] OMD on SLES

B Timotheus B.Timotheus at kanaan.org
Fri Jun 27 19:35:42 CEST 2014

Trying to get OMD running on SLES I ran into the following problem:

When I ran "omd create sitename" I received this error:

Restarting Apache...Syntax error on line 31 of /omd/sites/kanaan_check/etc/apache/mode.conf:
Invalid command 'SetEnv', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

That line is simply "  SetEnv OMD_SITE sitename" but above this in the conf file I find the following:

<IfModule !mod_proxy_http.c>
  Alias /kanaan_check /omd/sites/sitename
  <Directory /omd/sites/sitename>
    Deny from all
    ErrorDocument 403 "<h1>OMD: Incomplete Apache2 Installation</h1>You need mod_proxy and m
od_proxy_http in order to run the web interface of OMD."
  </Directory>
</IfModule>

<Location /sitename>
  ErrorDocument 503 "<meta http-equiv='refresh' content='60'><h1>OMD: Site Not Started</h1>Y
ou need to start this site in order to access the web interface.<!-- IE shows its own short
useless error message otherwise: placeholder

I have checked the Apache modules, mod_proxy and mod_proxy_http are active.

Can anybody in the list help me on this?

Thanks in advance,
Timotheus