[omd-users] OMD Release

Mike Hanby mhanby at uab.edu
Fri Jun 27 22:34:16 CEST 2014

Howdy, you can also upgrade Check_MK in place. I've used this approach
on some sites to move them to the feature branch (1.2.5i...)

http://lists.mathias-kettner.de/pipermail/checkmk-en/2012-September/007076.html

Don't attempt to do this in the sites tmp directory, as it's mounted
with no execute, thus the attempt to run setup.sh will fail immediately.

Most of the configuration will be read in automatically by the Check_mk
setup script, so the installation is mostly you pressing ENTER a bunch
of times (after verifying each, of course).

---- Snip from Scott Lander's Post ------
Keeping in mind that this is not a supported thing its actually quite
easy to do.

Assuming your OMD site name is foo.
Download the most current check_mk to directory check_mk

chown -R foo:foo check_mk
su - foo
cd check_mk
./setup.sh

Will install the newest check_mk to instance foo in omd.

Scott