[omd-users] OMD on SLES

B Timotheus B.Timotheus at kanaan.org
Mon Jun 30 11:57:49 CEST 2014

Hello Timo,

Yes, the proxy and proxy_http modules are in the list.

I am running SLES 11.3.

I am also running Novell's SMT and a seperate Nagios installation on
this server. I hope there is not conflict there.

When I run "omd start sitename" it claims to start without errors. But
when I point Firefox at http://servername/sitename/ it gives me an error
404.

Looking in /var/log/Apache2/error.log I see
[Mon Jun 30 11:54:27 2014] [error] [client 10.1.100.14] File does not
exist: /srv/www/htdocs/sitename

Obviously it should not be looking there, but I do not know how to tell
Apache where to look.

Sorry to be so ignorant. When I get a couple of projects finished I
want to get a book on Apache become a bit more competent.

Thanks for any help.

Timotheus

>>> Timo Scheller <timo.scheller at hiz-saarland.de> 30.06.2014 11:30 >>>
Hi Timotheus,

first have a look in:
cat /etc/sysconfig/apache2 |grep MOD
# * In the APACHE_MODULES variable, you can use mod_xyz or just xyz
syntax.
APACHE_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic authn_file authz_host
authz_groupfile authz_default authz_user authn_dbm authnz_ldap
 cgi dir env expires include log_config ldap mime negotiation
reqtimeout setenvif ssl suexec php5 proxy proxy_http rewrite"

And see if there are the proxy and proxy_http.

If not, use Yast2 or editor to change it.

Also check the version of SLES. Which one do you use?