[omd-users] Check_MK over SSH

marcin kowalski yoshi314 at gmail.com
Thu May 22 08:29:41 CEST 2014

I usually setup an agent access rule, to replace agent call with custom
command, and i do something like this :

For directly available host over SSH :

ssh -o ConnectTimeout=10 -l username <IP> check_mk_agent

For host available through another host via ssh :

ssh -o ConnectTimeout=10 -i auth.key -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o
UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null -o ProxyCommand='ssh -o ConnectTimeout=10 -l
gateuser <GATEWAY> exec netcat <IP> %p' -l root <GATEWAY> -v check_mk_agent

where GATEWAY is the intermediary host. In this setup login proceeds to
gateuser at GATEWAY and then the auth.key file is used to connect to root @
target host (key it is not used for first host). The assumption is that you
have ssh key auth set up with gateuser at GATEWAY host already.

The StrictHostKeyChecking and UserKnownHostsFile are used when the ip
address can point to different machines - i use it in trivial hearbeat
clusters where only one machine does all the work at a time and cluster
switch is not something i have to be concerned with - i am just interested
in the service running.  Of course it would be better handled by defining
all nodes as a cluster entirty in check_mk.