[omd-users] OMD/check_mk - check_form_submit question.

Craig Mandelblit Craig.Mandelblit at sas.com
Fri Oct 3 16:27:16 CEST 2014

Running version 1.2.4p5

Trying to get web testing working. Tried to setup a simple Active Check/Check HTML Form Submit. Hit the "return code 127 is out of bounds" error. Saw reference to copy " check_form_submit out of treasures/active_checks into Nagios plugin directory". So I copied

/opt/omd/versions/1.20/share/doc/check_mk/treasures/active_checks/check_form_submit
into
/opt/omd/versions/1.20/lib/nagios/plugins/

Reading the check_form_submit program it indicates I should be able to run

./check_form_submit -I localhost -u /event -q '_origtarget=wato.py&_username=omdadmin&_password=omd' -e 'WATO'

"UNKN - Exception occured: 'HTTPError' object has no attribute 'reason' "

Is there more details on installing/getting this working? Should I instead of using this use webinject? Have used that in the past but that is hard to use for simple checks and not sure how that is setup in check_mk (counts as a Legacy check?).

Thank you for any help on this.