[omd-users] Version for new install?

Stan Brown stanbrow at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 19:48:26 CEST 2014

I have to say, I am a bit concerned about this.

We started using a backup system called Amanda many years ago. One of it's real strengths was portability. Over the years we have probably used it on 20+ * NIX variants. Unfortunately, we have pretty much come to the conclusion that we are going to have to find a different project to use for our backup needs. The reason? We that project has become dominated by a commercial company, and the people driving its direction have made it so non portable, and created such a complex build process that we cannot keep it working as we install new machines.

We just installed several OpenBSD 5.5 machines, and pretty much have decide we cannot get tge client to build on these machines. I hope that Nagios does not suffer a similar disaster.

Sent from my iPad