[omd-users] Disable all web GUIs except Check_MK

Ian Cross Ian.Cross at betgenius.com
Fri Sep 12 17:07:42 CEST 2014

I think I have solved this now and the answer was in my original question:

“We have tried deleting conf files from /omd/sites/[SITE]/etc/apache/conf.d/ e.g. icinga.conf but we could still see some of the Icinga site after we’d done this – apache must have still been serving some static content from somewhere.”

This approach does work but either I didn’t restart my site after making the change or my browser was doing some weird caching of frames/framesets I think. I now understand that there is one main apache process that acts as a proxy for all the other sites. Restarting that (service httpd restart) has no effect on the sites so I could not see my changes. The sites need their own apache instances restarted using the omd command – seems obvious now.

In summary if you just want the check_mk interface and pnp4nagios for graphing then delete or rename the following:

/omd/sites/[SITE]/etc/apache/conf.d/dokuwiki.conf
/omd/sites/[SITE]/etc/apache/conf.d/icinga.conf
/omd/sites/[SITE]/etc/apache/conf.d/nagios.conf
/omd/sites/[SITE]/etc/apache/conf.d/nagvis.conf
/omd/sites/[SITE]/etc/apache/conf.d/site.conf
/omd/sites/[SITE]/etc/apache/conf.d/thruk.conf
/omd/sites/[SITE]/etc/apache/conf.d/var_www.conf

You need to leave omd.conf as it is so that you can use omd config to redirect people automatically to the check_mk URL when they arrive at http://[server]/[site]/<http://[server]/%5bsite%5d/>. To do this and apply the changes above stop your site:

omd stop

Configure the site; select Web GUI->Default GUI->check_MK:

omd configure

Start it back up:

omd start

This will reload the site and now the extraneous UIs will be unreachable.