[omd-users] Keeping WATO configuration in a Git repository

John Zimmerman john.zimm at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 23:20:32 CEST 2014

In our OMD setup on the master multisite I enabled the git functionality in
the gui then went in at the terminal and added a URL in our central gitlab
server for remote origin.  I put a cron job in that periodically does a git
push to the gitlab repository.  Email notifications are configured on the
gitlab server to email the team whenever changes are commited.  This also
captures the user that made the changes via WATO.

Puppet also plays a role in our setup for getting hosts added to WATO, but
the rules/groups/etc are done in the WATO gui and stored in git.