[omd-users] OMD Setup

Marcel Schulte schulte.marcel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 17:37:31 CEST 2015

Hi Jim,

You're right - and you're not. ;-)

The permissions attribute (for folder or host) is ment to give change
permissions in WATO to the groups. So to just set hosts to be seen by
someone the grouping rules are used. Specifically when users should not
change anything but Ask/DOWNTIME/etc.

But if you don't care about giving WATO permissions to your groups you for
sure can use the permissions attribute.

Regards,
Marcel

Jim Welch <jim.welch at oit.gatech.edu> schrieb am Do., 2. Apr. 2015 17:19:

>  Wouldn't it be easier to select the contact groups in the 'Permissions'
> settings of the folder properties?
>

> On 04/02/2015 11:04 AM, Marcel Schulte wrote:
>
> Hi Robert,
>
> if I were you I'd try this, all done in Multisite WATO:
>
>  * create three different folders in "Hosts"
> * move all hosts to "their" folders
> * create rules in "Hosts & Service Parameters -> Grouping -> Assignment of
> hosts to contact groups", each dealing with one of the folders (and contact
> groups)
> * don't forget to "apply changes"
>
>  ...the rules for whole folders are better than providing all host names
> in these rules - but could also be accomplished by using tags, depends on
> you...
>
>  HTH,
> Marcel
>
> <mlists at zoominternet.net> schrieb am Do., 2. Apr. 2015 um 16:39 Uhr:
>
>>  Hello Marcel,
>>
>>  First I am using the Check_MK web front end for setup
>>
>>  I created the contact groups but how do I add the hosts to those
>> groups?  After logging in I am not see any hosts for the user.
>> Sorry for being such a burden but this is all new to me.

>>> Server
>>> Desktop
>>>
>>> I want to have 3 users for starters,
>>>
>>> User1