[omd-users] Ways to improve scalability

Angel L. Mateo amateo at um.es
Wed Dec 2 10:41:44 CET 2015

Hello,

	We've been running omd for a time, but now we are having performance
issues.

	We have a OMD server running in a VMware VM with 8 cores and 16GB and
load average is over 10 points. This server is monitoring 850 hosts with
more than 3000 service checks. We have 9 different sites (one of them
has no hosts neither checks, it is used just as a collector of the other
8) running all in the same server.

	In order to improve performance we are studying two different ways:

a) Moving each omd site to a different VM.
b) Using mod_gearman ([1]) so check commands were distributed between
different servers

	Does anybody has experience using mod_gearman with omd?	What would you
recommend? Any other suggestion?

[1] https://labs.consol.de/nagios/mod-gearman/
--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez