[omd-users] Disable host via cli/api

Deepak Goel deepak.goel at snapdeal.com
Fri Jun 26 11:59:11 CEST 2015

Hi Marcel, let's suppose I am generating a list of hosts *which are already
added in OMD* (doesn't matter how the list is generated) and those hosts in
the list should not be monitored from now on.

Eg. at 2pm, I get a list (hosts_to_be_deactivated.lst) and I want that
these hosts should not be monitored  from now on until further advised (Do
not monitor this host kinda stuff) and no mails should be sent to anyone
that this host is down.

Also, in the future, if there is another list (hosts_to_be_activated.lst),
I want to re-monitor this host.

Please let me know a way to do this. I want to do this via command line
itself(need to incorporate this in a script) and not via GUI.

Hope I am clear now :)

Thanks mate,