[omd-users] Fresh Install of OMD 1.20 on CentOS 6.6 64Bit - Livestatus Not Running

Peter Shankland pshankland at gmail.com
Thu May 7 15:56:24 CEST 2015

xinetd is running and the following is
my /opt/omd/sites/SlaveRPLS/etc/mk-livestatus/xinetd.conf

service livestatus
{
        type            = UNLISTED
        socket_type     = stream
        protocol        = tcp
        wait            = no

        # limit to 100 connections per second. Disable 3 secs if above.
        cps             = 100 3

        # set the number of maximum allowed parallel instances of unixcat.
        # Please make sure that this values is at least as high as
        # the number of threads defined with num_client_threads in
        # etc/mk-livestatus/nagios.cfg
        instances       = 500

        # limit the maximum number of simultaneous connections from
        # one source IP address
        per_source      = 250

        # Disable TCP delay, makes connection more responsive
        flags           = NODELAY
# configure the IP address(es) of your Nagios server here:
#       only_from       = 127.0.0.1 10.0.20.1 10.0.20.2

# ----------------------------------------------------------
# These parameters are handled and affected by OMD
# Do not change anything beyond this point.

# Disabling is done via omd config set LIVESTATUS_TCP [on/off].
# Do not change this:
        disable         = no

# TCP port number. Can be configure via LIVESTATUS_TCP_PORT
        port            = 6557

# Paths and users. Manual changes here will break some omd
# commands such as 'cp', 'mv' and 'update'. Do not toutch!
        user            = SlaveRPLS
        server          = /omd/sites/SlaveRPLS/bin/unixcat
        server_args     = /omd/sites/SlaveRPLS/tmp/run/live
}

There is no port listed so should I add?

Thanks.