[omd-users] omd-1.21.20150509.rhel7.x86_64 and apache 2.4.6

Steve Berg sberg at mississippi.com
Sat May 9 23:19:37 CEST 2015

Just set up a new omd install, 1.21.20150509.rhel7.x86_64, on SciLinux
7.1.  Having some issues getting a site to start that appears to be
caused by some modules that omd wants to load have been removed from
apache 2.4.6.

The original plan was to take a backup from a system running the same
OMD version but from a SciLinux 6.6 install, restore that to a matching
version of OMD on SciLinux 7.1. Possibly something there caused an
issue. I stopped the old system's OMD, ran the backup. Copied that over
to the new system and ran the restore.  When I tried to do an omd start
on the site I started getting errors.

-------------
Starting dedicated Apache for site sitename...httpd: Syntax error on
line 102 of /omd/sites/sitename/etc/apache/apache.conf: Cannot load
/usr/lib64/httpd/modules/mod_authn_default.so into server:
/usr/lib64/httpd/modules/mod_authn_default.so: undefined symbol:
ap_log_rerror
..........ERROR
-------------
So I commented out the line to load mod_authn_default.so

-------------
Starting dedicated Apache for site sitename...httpd: Syntax error on
line 104 of /omd/sites/sitename/etc/apache/apache.conf: Cannot load
/usr/lib64/httpd/modules/mod_authz_default.so into server:
/usr/lib64/httpd/modules/mod_authz_default.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory
..........ERROR
-------------
So I commented out that line for mod_authz_default.so

Then got this error:
Starting dedicated Apache for site sitename...httpd: Syntax error on
line 217 of /omd/sites/sitename/etc/apache/apache.conf: Syntax error on
line 2 of /omd/sites/sitename/etc/apache/conf.d/02_fcgid.conf: Cannot
load /omd/sites/sitename/lib/apache/mod_fcgid.so into server:
/omd/sites/sitename/lib/apache/mod_fcgid.so: undefined symbol:
ap_unixd_setup_child

At that point I figured just back out cause it's something definitely
broke somewhere, and fighting with individual module files probably
won't help me much in the long run.

--
//-        Fixer of that which is broke        -//
//-        Home = sberg at mississippi.com        -//