[omd-users] 1.30 ?

Marcel Schulte schulte.marcel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 21:28:51 CEST 2015

Hi Johnny, list,

you must differenciate between updating the OMD package and the OMD
site(s). OMD is designed in such a way that you can install many versions
in parallel - and even run several sites using these versions. That's one
of many benefits of OMD.

To update a site I'd normally do this:

* install new/another OMD version in parallel to the existing one
* create a test site with the new version to check if the new version works
like expected ;-)
* eventually copy existing site and update this to check the update status

...and after finishing the tests, all following commands as siteuser of
existing site...
* stop existing site (omd stop)
* update site (omd update) to new version
* start site (omd start)

That's it, good luck,
Marcel

Johnny Duane <johnnyduane at gmail.com> schrieb am Mo., 5. Okt. 2015 um