[omd-users] Help on running multiple OMD sites with NSCA configuration

Mario Garcia mariog at absi.be
Wed Sep 9 12:52:01 CEST 2015

first you need to enable nsca using
 omd config
go to distributing monitoring, turn nsca on and give it a port or accept
the default. 5667

second:
su - yoursite

cd etc/nsca
vi nsca.cfg
and set a password and an a decryption method.. (towards the end of the
file). make sure the same password in on the hosts send_nsca.cfg.

in wato go to Host & service parameters -> active checks (http, tcp,
etc)->Classical active and passive Monitoring checks and configure your
check here.. do not forget to check the freshness.

that should do it.

On 4 September 2015 at 22:57, Rick Wilson <rickwilson7425 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a server running multiple instances of OMD (test, stage, and
> production).
>
> I want them all to receive and process NSCA passive checks from the remote
> hosts.  I can't find any documentation on how to set up the "nsca.cfg" file
> to accomplish this.

> Thank you,
>
> Rick

Mario Garcia
ABSI NV | System Engineer
Humaniteitslaan 224 - Bld de l'Humanité - 1190 Bruxelles
mariog at absi.be / http://www.absi.be / Tel: +32(0)2 333 40 00 Fax: +32(0)2
333 40 60