[omd-users] New User Question - Configuring Devices to Monitor

Dave Hall kdhall at binghamton.edu
Fri Sep 18 03:19:50 CEST 2015

Hello.

I have a medium sized research data center in desperate need on a
monitoring solution.  OMD looks like a good match, but I'd like to
shorten my learning curve if possible.  At this point I'm most
interested in how to rapidly add all the devices that I need to
monitor.  Specifics:  A lot of SNMP devices - networked PDUs, UPSs, and
the Siemens climate controls that we've managed to get exported via
SNMP.  Also a large number of Linux servers, including the BMC/IPMI
interfaces.

I'm hoping that there's some way to walk the network and discover
everything, but none of the documentation that I've found seems to focus
on this part of the process.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

-Dave