[omd-users] New User Question - Configuring Devices to Monitor

Robert Sander r.sander at heinlein-support.de
Fri Sep 18 12:46:45 CEST 2015

Hi Dave,

Am 18.09.2015 um 03:19 schrieb Dave Hall:

> I'm hoping that there's some way to walk the network and discover
> everything, but none of the documentation that I've found seems to focus
> on this part of the process.

Make sure that your Linux servers have the Check_MK agent installed and
your SNMP agents have a community configured for monitoring access.

Create (at least) two folders where the folder properties set the "Agent
Type" to Check_MK agent resp. SNMP with the correct community.

Then look for "Bulk Import" in each folder where you can add a list of
hostnames. As long as hostnames can be resolved via DNS that is enough.
Tick the "perform automatic service discovery" and voila.

Regards
--
Robert Sander
Heinlein Support GmbH

Tel: 030-405051-43
Fax: 030-405051-19

Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG:
HRB 93818 B / Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg,
Geschäftsführer: Peer Heinlein  -- Sitz: Berlin