[omd-users] Errors trying to get NSCA working

Rick Wilson rickwilson7425 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 22 21:20:37 CEST 2015

 I am running Nagios Core 3.5 under OMD version 1.21~2015-07-25.

I have tried configuring NSCA a couple of different ways and I get different error messages when I do.

When I just enable NSCA in Nagios through the OMD Config utility, I get this: "Dropping packet with invalid CRC32 - possibly due to client using wrong password or crypto algorithm?"

If I disable NSCA in OMD and run NSCA under xinetd I get this: "Command file '/var/nagios/rw/nagios.cmd' does not exist, attempting to use alternate dump file '/var/nagios/rw/nsca.dump' for output"

It creates and writes to the dump file but it never creates the nagios.cmd file in the same folder where it should.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rick Wilson