[omd-users] How can I upgrade the version of NSCA on my OMD installation?

Mario Garcia mariog at absi.be
Mon Sep 28 11:21:42 CEST 2015

best is to replace your send_nsca instead of the server.

this shows how to do in a debian system...but can also applied to centos or
others.

http://www.stankowic-development.net/?p=4886&lang=en

On 26 September 2015 at 09:42, Paul Bongers <check-mk at paul-bongers.nl>
wrote:

> Hi Rick,
>
> I'd say you can simply replace the nsca binary
> (/omd/sites/<site_name>/bin/nsca) with a newer one.
> Obviously, you'll have to replace the configuration file as well it
> they're incompatible.
>
> I don't know if you'll still get support from the developers this way, so
> I'd backup the original binary so you can restore it once you've finished
> the migration.
>
> Regards,
>
> Paul
>
> On 25/09/15 17:41, Rick Wilson wrote:
>
> I have an incompatibility problem with NSCA versions. I am setting up a
> replacement Nagios system for an old existing one.  The old one is using
> NSCA 2.9.1, the version that is included in the OMD distribution is 2.7.2.
> These are not compatible.
>
> How do I upgrade the 2.7.2 version?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rick Wilson

Mario Garcia
ABSI NV | System Engineer
Humaniteitslaan 224 - Bld de l'Humanité - 1190 Bruxelles
mariog at absi.be / http://www.absi.be / Tel: +32(0)2 333 40 00 Fax: +32(0)2
333 40 60