[omd-users] OMD mongodb plugin

Carles Sala Cladellas c.sala.stq at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 09:36:35 CET 2016

Hello,

I am running OMD 1.20, and I am trying to install mongodb plugin without
success.

I was able to install the plugin by running the following commands:

$ su - site
$ mkdir packages
$ cd packages
$ wget -qO mongodb-1.0.mkp
"http://mathias-kettner.com/check_mk_exchange_download.php?HTML=&file=mongodb-1.0.mkp&LANG=en"
$ cmk -P install mongodb-1.0.mkp
$ omd restart

After doing this, I can find "Check MongoDB" in my Active Checks section.

However, once I created a rule with the default params specifying a host
running mongodb, the service appeared on the service list of the host
but with the following message:

"(Return code of 127 is out of bounds - plugin may be missing)"

What else should I do to make it work?

I found this in the list:
http://lists.mathias-kettner.de/pipermail/omd-users/2015-August/001305.html
But I'm afraid it didn't help.

By the way: Is there any documentation which explains this, how to
install plugins?

All I could find is this package install documentation
(https://mathias-kettner.de/checkmk_packaging.html), which seems to
cover only part of the process.

Also, is there any documentation about the plugin? I saw that it has
many different options, and I am not sure to understand how to use it.
For example, do I need to create a dedicated rule for every action I
want to check, or can a single rule cover all of them?

Regards,
Carles